This Privacy was last modified and is effective as of March 15, 2017.
2. What Information Transitions Collects
Anonymous information: Our Digital Services capture certain non-personal common technical information automatically. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and computer operating system, device type, application software, time and date you visit or use the Digital Services, and traffic patterns and usage data, such as the pages you access, the address of the website that directed you to the Digital Services or the website you visit when you leave the Digital Services. Transitions uses this information to understand patterns of site activity, including aggregated user demographics, and to improve the Digital Services so they are more useful for you.
Personal Information: The types of personally identifiable information (“PII”) that may be collected on the Digital Services include your name, your status (such as whether you are a consumer, student or journalist), mailing address, zip code, email address, title or occupation, and telephone number. Additional PII that may also be collected on this website:
- •If you are entering a sweepstake, contest, giveaway or other promotion (each a “Promotion”), your age or birth date.
- •If you are applying for employment, your work authorization information, visa status, desired salary, academic level, employment history including salary, and any other information you include on the resume you upload to the Digital Service. You may also choose to provide optional information such as race, gender, and whether you are disabled or your Veteran status.
- •If you are participating in a survey, we may ask your gender and age, income, ethnicity, family size and marital status.
- •If you are sharing an article or page of this Website with a third party, the third party email address will also be collected.
3. Purposes of PII Collection
We request PII to provide a service, product or information about Transitions products or services. Examples include subscribing to newsletters, emailing a friend an article from the Digital Service, entering a Promotion, participating in training, finding an eyecare professional or doctor, distributor, store, applying for employment, completing online surveys, contacting us with questions or comments, or for product registration.
4. Protection of Personal Information Transitions Collects
Although, Transitions cannot promise the use of our Digital Services is completely safe, Transitions uses standard security measures. Transitions has taken the following important measures to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. First, we store no financial information or social security information on our site. Second, we encrypt all personal information transmitted to or from our site using 40-bit SSL (secure socket layer) strong encryption using a VeriSign Digital Certificate. Outside Links – While on the Transitions site, you may be led to other Websites. Be aware that sites may collect data and personal information and operate according to their own privacy practices. Please remember that once outside of our site, any information you submit is outside of our control.
The Digital Services may contain customer reviews, forums and/or internet message boards and other Online Content. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when considering the disclosure of your PII. You agree that Transitions is not responsible for material posted by you or others in these public forums.
5. Sharing of PII
Transitions may share your PII with third parties for marketing purposes. Transitions will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your PII unless Transitions provides you with advance notice as set out herein or also as described below:
- •Subsidiaries and Affiliates. Transitions may transfer PII to its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, including future subsidiaries and affiliates.
- •Consultants and Service Providers. Transitions will disclose PII to third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance and remedial, repair services, mail delivery services, and payment processors) to the extent that they require access to the databases, or the PII contained in our databases, to provide services to you or Transitions.
- •Joint Promotion Partners. Sometimes we conduct joint promotions with third parties. If you register for one of those joint promotions your information may be collected by both Transitions and the third party. Or, we may give you the option to have us share your information with the promotion partner. Your information will be used by us and/or by them as described in our posted privacy policies.
- •Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that the Transitions is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Transitions is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the PII Transitions collects will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- •As Otherwise Allowed by Law. Transitions may transfer PII to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
6. Parents and Guardians
Our sites and apps are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of 13 has given us information, you can contact us at customerservice@Transitions.com to remove the information.
7. Opt-Out Choices
Emails. You can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from Transitions by following the unsubscribe procedures indicated in each email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from Transitions, we will respond to questions from you.
Tools on Mobile Devices. You can control the tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notification on your phone. Please consult your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on clearing cookies, disabling location services, and disabling push notifications.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals. Transitions Optical does not currently respond to DNT signals but may do so in the future.
8. Accessing and Updating your PII
You may contact customerservice@Transitions.com to update your PII. Some Transitions Digital Services may allow you to set up an account and access and update your PII by logging into your account and going to the appropriate section of your account.
9. Consent of data Transfer of Non-U.S. Residents
If you reside in a country other than the United States, upon providing your PII to Transitions, you will be indicating your explicit consent that the PII you have provided may be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States.
10. Notice to California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide PII in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from Transitions once a calendar year information about the PII we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of PII and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2013 will receive information regarding 2012 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please contact customerservice@Transitions.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
11. Links to Other Websites
Third Party Websites and Digital Services. This Digital Service may contain links to third party sites and digital platforms. Transitions is not responsible for the content or policies of such sites and recommends that you review the privacy policies posted on each third party website and digital platform that you visit.
12. Contact Transitions to Ask Questions and Provide Feedback Regarding Privacy